I was sent this Press Release today:
11th November 2009
Giants, mad scientists and talking horses visit Aberystwyth
HIJINX THEATRE presents Gulliver - A new play by Kit Lambert at Arad Goch, Aberystwyth on Wednesday 2nd Dec 7.30pm
How do an enormous man, hundreds of tiny people, talking horses, mad cloud-dwelling scientists and a group of moaning immortals fit onto the stage of Arad Goch?
And more interestingly how is this all brought to you by 4 actors, a stage manager and an entire set (transported in the back of one van)!
The only way to find out is to see Hijinx Theatre’s touring production of Gulliver by Kit Lambert when it comes to Aberystwyth on 2nd Dec.
Hijinx brings to life the weird and wonderful world of Gulliver’s Travels, with its tiny Lilliputians, giants, mad scientists and even talking horses! Inspired by Jonathan Swift’s fantastical satire, this new play explores the relationship between the mysterious Dr Gulliver and his tormented creator Swift, as they travel through the writer's unruly imagination and try not to lose their way. It is a journey that threatens to carry Swift away from the woman who loves him, as he finds himself hurtled towards either madness or redemption.
“Gulliver is intelligent, arresting theatre, brilliantly written and staged with the flair and panache that has become typical of Hijinx” The British Theatre Guide
Don’t miss out on this fantastic new production from an exciting new writer.
Hijinx Theatre is one of the UK's leading small scale touring companies, with over twenty eight years experience of creating high quality theatre which is accessible, entertaining and challenging for small communities throughout Wales and England. For further information visit the Hijinx Theatre website on www.hijinx.org.uk
Press Release Notes - For a full tour schedule please see www.hijinx.org.uk
• Hijinx Theatre was founded in 1981 by Gaynor Lougher and Richard Berry. The Company’s mission statement is to create high quality theatre which is accessible, entertaining and challenging for small communities throughout Wales and England.
• Past Hijinx community tours include: Paul Robeson knew my Father, Ill Met by Moonlight, Estella’s Fire, The Long Way Home, The Other Woman.
• Hijinx also tour during the Spring with their productions for adults with learning disabilities and the community. Recent tours include: Ruling the Roost, Full Circle and Chasing Rainbows.
• Hijinx Outreach delivers outreach workshops to communities throughout South Wales, offering drama based sessions to adults with learning disabilities and their carers focusing on issues such as self advocacy and empowerment.
• Hijinx Theatre produce Unity an annual Festival of inclusive Arts which takes place during June at Wales Millennium Centre.
• Hijinx run Odyssey Theatre, a community participatory group that is open to all members of the public including adults with learning disabilities. With full professional support they mount regular productions usually taking a well-know classic tale and adapting it to suit their unique style. Odyssey Theatre was runner-up in the National Lottery Awards 2009 in the ‘Best Arts Project‘ in the UK.
• Hijinx Theatre is a resident company at Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff Bay.
• For more information about Hijinx Theatre
please contact Ceri Legg on 029 20 635 625 or email: email@example.com
Cast, production team and Hijinx staff can be available for interview/s - just let us know who, where and when! (We have Welsh-speaking spokespersons if required, but please let us have notice as they are not office-based).
• Wednesday 2nd Dec 7.30pm
• 4 cast and one stage manager
• Gulliver is two hours long including a 15 minute interval
• The play has, in cinema terms, a PG rating. We would only recommend this production for children 12 + years.
Posted Wednesday, November 11, 2009, Archives November 2009
Your thoughts and feedback about this post are always appreciated. You can leave your own comments at the end of this article.
Tell your friends & family to subscribe, to stay up to date with what's happening in Aber also to view the latest user comments.
If you like this post then please consider subscribing to my full feed RSS. You can also subscribe by E-mail and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.
Narnia maybe? - radleyfreak has added a photo to the pool: [image: Narnia maybe?]
1 hour ago